On Monday morning, February 8, 2010, the OCD council will finally discuss the proposals for improving internationalization towards important universities.
Here are the key points that will be presented and discussed:
- Search criteria and choice of partner universities – use of an international ranking of universities
- Using times Q ranking.S. so as to have a single benchmark to establish the level of the various universities.
- Start of partnerships with American and British universities with high ranking
- The main problem with universities such as Harvard and MIT is that they charge the student to pay the tuition. However, contacts have already begun with other American universities that will soon result in agreements.
- Monitoring the performance of outgoing and incoming students
- creation of questionnaires, to be submitted to students on their return, structured so as to be able to collect relevant opinions
- collection and analysis of the correspondences between polytechnic grades, foreign average grades, foreign university ranking
- creation of merit bands where a correspondence is demonstrated between "lower grades due to more demanding university" and "high ranking"
- Conversion of votes and incentive to choose prestigious universities as destinations for international exchanges
- Given the impossibility in applying corrections directly to the validation of grades as in contrast with the ERASMUS rules, there is the possibility of intervening with a bonus points on the degree mark for those students who have chosen as a destination a university with a high ranking and who fall into the corrective bands.
- Unification of credit validation criteria and vote validation and simplification of bureaucratic mechanisms for the validation of equivalences
- it must be clear that the student no longer has to go to the professors to obtain the validation of the equivalences of the courses;
- the supplementary interview is ABOLISHED;
- it is suggested to the commissions responsible for approving the learning agreements, to present "recommended study plans" for each foreign university from which the student can choose.
- if the student chooses a destination where he must pay the fee, before departure the amount to be incurred must be specified;
- return: unification of the methods of recognition of credits-grades for all engineering faculties
I do not know exactly the form in which everything will be presented, also because these are interventions of a certain importance that require a lot of attention and supervision.
I know for sure that an important step has FINALLY been taken to encourage and encourage students towards prestigious foreign locations!